Working somewhere different is having a bit of an impact on my work.
Last week I started to trap things in wax, but I used soya wax (my candles of preference), and it failed miserably. The wax just wouldn’t stay whole as I pushed it out of the molds.
So I tried melting some other old candles and…it worked – YAY!
I dangled the results from my studio window.
I also used a heart shaped ice cube mould to melt wax into.
I have created lots of these. The hearts contain words (positive emotions) which ground us and the wings, which are hand drawn and coated with wax, negative emotions – which need to FLY.
Just need to decide how to display them.
Still not got my camera, but I am having fun with instagram on my phone.