I have nearly finished another ring. This one is made out of copper, because I wanted to use the piercing saw again and I didn’t want to pay for the silver and then mess up. I cut out a scalloped edge with the saw, and although I did snap one blade, dare I say I might be getting the hang of it.
I first texturised the copper by putting it through the rolling mill with some textured paper. I then drilled holes into the metal, I forgot to use the centre punch before I drilled, so the drill kept slipping slightly – it’s all these little things that I need to embed in my mind!
The inside needs polishing, and you can see where the silver solder joined the ring.
I can’t decide whether to leave it as it is or to thread some wire, or a machine made thread through the holes. I quite like it simple.